Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Boxing Day(s)

I always wondered what Boxing Day was on the Calendar after Christmas. I guess our Boxing Day came this year after New Years. Mom and I worked really hard last week going through the house room my room consolidating, tossing, cleaning, etc to get ready for the movers this week. I think our efforts have paid off as the boxing has gone really well. The boxing effort was done today and they started blanket wrapping things. They will start loading the truck tomorrow and expect to be loaded tomorrow or Thursday morning. Then we will be off to MN in Mom's car hoping to beat it up there without snow and through the sub-zero temperatures that seem to have so much of the country frozen up. We still have too much stuff -- they have really got a kick out of our food storage with only two of us in the house. They call us mom and dad and say that they will be showing up at our place for the next disaster knowing at least they wouldn't go hungry. Anyway we have a very good crew that boxes, loads and will drive, which is nice to have one stop shopping. It is good to have the process moving along, and we are looking forward to many new adventures as time goes on.


In the picture above the box with the wooden slats is our Grandfather clock. They had a speciality company come out and prepare special crating for it. Hopefully it will survive the trip okay. I was impressed that they did a pretty good job protecting it.








2 comments:

Michael said...

How odd is it to know that most everything you own is in one semi trailer? I hope they have a good GPS system and are able to find your new home.

Bear said...

So Mom, I'm glad we finally figured out why we didn't remember the house in Clear Lake being full of boxes. Brent laughed that you called me just to ask that question, especially since I'm loosing my marbles by the day.