Sunday, January 10, 2010

Beaumont In The Rear View Mirror

Well this is a picture of the buggy that hauled all our belongings. Despite our best de-cluttering efforts, we about filled the darn thing up. The shed equipment did take a fair amount of space, so I guess I'm to blame. I think Mom has talked to everyone on the phone, but we feel really fortunate to have driven up the whole way on dry pavement. We had some flurries in MO, but nothing too difficult. When we got to Iowa, they had had a very bad storm prior to our trip and the highway looked like a demolition derby. There were cars and trucks off the road everywhere, some right side up, some on their sides, some upside down. We were really grateful to have such good driving conditions. That being said it was colder than something on a brass monkey. The wind was blowing pretty good in Iowa which took the wind chill way down. First morning back in MN it was -14. It is supposed to warm up this week into the high 20's
I thought I was a pretty good packer, but from the nose of the trailer to the back you could hardly have slipped a sheet of paper in between anything. Only towards the very back when they were working with odd sized things from the shed was there any dead space.
Here goes my baby up the ramp. I couldn't drive it due to liability reasons, and the driver seemed pretty nervous about it. Maybe it was because I was standing there with a camera and watching his every move.








So long Beaumont! We've had a lot of good times times there and will have a lot of memories to store up for future reference.




1 comment:

Diana Glade said...

Isn't it amazing how they pack up those things. I don't know how they do it. Good luck settling in to your new home!