With regard to the reunion on July 4th -- here is what I know. The plan is for folks to drift into town on Saturday 7/2 with a dinner planned that night at the ranch. Sunday go to church and Sunday dinner at the ranch on 7/3. The actual activities would be 7/4, and then folks will drift away at their leisure on 7/5. I believe Mom and I are planning on attending if things are okay with work still at that point. We thought we would stay at Grandpa T's or at a hotel in Ammon rather than setting up a tent among the cow pies and showering under a hose. I'm sure the Loertscher clan will occupy the available spaces at Hi-Willow which is as it should be. Mom and I have talked about taking the balance of the week to do some things in Utah with the clan there, but we have no definite plans or schedule. It would be cool if the TX clan could hang around and we could all be together. I believe it would be next to impossible to get cabins at Colter Bay for that time with the traffic from the 4th, but it doesn't cost to ask if we wanted to try. Also there are some non National park private places across the valley that I have always thought looked nice but I have no idea of cost or crowd. I also know vacation time is precious and expensive and the Glades were together last year, so there may be some desire to have this be an off year for family activities. Other options may be flaming gorge, dinasour park, mirror lake area, we could even inquire about Aunt Stella's cabin to rent. Let us know what the thoughts might be.
Love
Dad
4 comments:
Well, Brent has someone covering the days of the reunion, but if needs be he can get more time covered. We've been saving up vacation hours for this summer, but really don't have any plans for them. So what ever all the other clans are up for, the Hassard clan is up for it.
We would love to spend a day or two at Aunt Stella's cabin.
Well maybe Matt and I need to reconsider this whole thing now.
I do like the aunt Stella cabin idea - hadn't thought about that.
Post a Comment