Sunday, December 26, 2010

Merry Christmas

Wow how time flies. Mom has been keeping everyone up to date on our snow events which is about all that is going on here -- work and snow. For Thanksgiving we made it down to Michael's and had a nice time there. It was good to get out of the cold weather for a bit and we enjoyed our stay there. December has flown by, perhaps because literally all I have done is go to work and blow snow. We have had record breaking snow amounts for December, already receiving more than 2/3'rds of our normal annual snow fall. We were able to tend Spencer and Parker for a week whilst Matthew and Diana basked in the Hawaiian sun. The boys kept us busy for the week. It was my job to do baths and jammies, and it reminded me a lot of times past. They liked to read a story just before bed time (actually a diversionary tactic known by all kids to stay up a little later), but we never read Fred and Ted. I guess that was only my favorite. One night Grandma promised to lay with them for 5 minutes so I told the boys t0 have Grandma tell them a story about when she was a little girl. I'm not sure what the story was, but she came out after talking for an hour rather than just 5 minutes.

We have had a wonderful Christmas time. I was able to take a few days off work which is always a good thing. Benjamin came a spent a few days with us so there was a little extra conversation around, and we just generally had a nice relaxing time. Mom and I gave each other mostly warm clothes which will be appreciated and much used during the upcoming weeks. Mom bought me a pair of insulated boots to use while doing the snow plowing. It is amazing how insulation technology has improved over time. These are toasty warm and very light weight and totally waterproof.


Well that is a brief update from me. I hope you all have had a wonderful Christmas and continue to have a Happy New Year. Sorry no pictures this post -- it is just my boring ramblings.

No comments: