Sunday, September 27, 2009

On The Way

When I was a little boy we would often ask Grandpa Glade what he saw on the way home from work that day. Grandpa being Grandpa would say "I saw a wild Wumpus" or some such thing and then we would spend the next 1/2 hour begging him to tell us what the Wumpus looked like. So leaving Beaumont this morning at 6:30, I didn't see much but thick fog until I got to Woodville, and then things started clearing up. Then I saw Benjamin for a few minutes at Nac. Then I saw the beautiful countryside as I traveled through deep East Texas. It is very green and beautiful for this time of year. Then I crossed into Oklahoma and while the scenery there is different, it was still beautiful. Then into Missouri which was also green and beautiful. While travelling along the road in Missouri I saw two Amish buggies going down the shoulder of the road. Then I saw an amusement park outside of Kansas City MO, called Worlds of Fun. It had several giant roller coasters and did look like it would be a world of fun. So I have stopped for the night, still in MO, but almost to Iowa, so tomorrow shouldn't be too bad a trip. So it wasn't a wild Wumpus, but I have seen a good chunk of this beautiful world that is created for our benefit and enjoyment and while this period of time poses some difficult circumstances for Mom and me, I am grateful for all the blessings that we enjoy. I count Mom and each of you as the choicest of all of them.

Love
Dad

4 comments:

Lorraine said...

Oh how I miss you, and your gentle and loving voice.

Michael said...

Don't hit the wumpus, other wise you'll have a wumpus bumpus.

Michael said...

Missed you at priesthood session again. Ice cream just isn't the same alone.

Unknown said...

Do you remember what Daddy told us a wumpus is? It has its wump on one side of a fence and its puss on the other. :D