Dear Kids
This has got to be one of the most depressing weekends on record for mom and me. After finally getting an offer and resigning ourselves to the fact that even though it wasn't quite what we wanted it was close enough. Then Friday we started getting emails that the buyer was starting to waffle on the offer. He has suddenly be come concerned about the drainage ditch that was relocated in the subdivision and passed through our property. Anyway he as asked for a 10 day extension on an inspection period that really never existed in the fist place or he is threatening to break the contract. At first blush this wouldn't seem like too much of an issue as in effect we have already sold the home to the relocation company. The relo company however his back-pedaling for all they are worth that they haven't as yet bought the house because we haven't completed the foundation repair. So who knows what will happen, but to say the lease it is very discouraging!!
I'm in MN this week and mom is home by herself which also makes it hard to deal with all this stuff. In any case we are hoping for the best and trying to prepare for the worst as we could be back to square one. Soooo your prayers in our behalf would be appreciated very much. I think we will need all the help we can get to get through all this mess. I keep feeling that this is just a bad dream and we will wake up and it will all be over and things will be back to normal in Texas. Maybe we could simplify life and I could drive the flower van and be an usher at Larkins or a maintenance man/bookkeeper at Boonville, or something and then sell wood things on the street corner while mom made quilts and sells them. I could even hand out Cheerio samples in the grocery store to kids with sticky fingers and boogar noses and say 'have a good day' or "buenos dias' as the case required.
I hope you each have a good week and that things for your mom and pop will improve
Love
Dad
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh boy! How frustrating. The last part of your post really got us laughing. Glad you can still keep a sense of humor. I hope things look up for you guys soon!
Post a Comment