
When I was a kid it seemed like the circus would come to town most years in August. So every few years we would go to celebrate mine and Grandma Glade's birthday. We thought we would continue the tradition this year and go see it here in Beaumont. Ringling Bro's has various shows that are sized for the particular town they are visiting. Our circus only had one ring, but you are able to focus on a single act and it had a very personal feel to it. I guess there is still part of a kid in me as I enjoyed it very much and was pretty mesmerized for the entire two hours.

The muscular Gunther Gable Williams (the Lion Tamer of my day) has been replaced by a woman in a purple cape. She didn't put her head in a tiger's mouth or anything too dramatic but it was still better than the guy that got in a tank of water with an alligator and threw it around a few times.

The tigers were pretty, but they sort of acted like they were bored and wanted to go to sleep. I'm sure the heat and humidity has it effects on the animals too.

This guy was a funny Frenchman that kept showing up the entire show. He had a trick bikes that did all sorts of crazy things. OOOlala!

This picture doesn't reflect it, but it was the act that looked like the most dangerous. One of the guys went on the outside of his cage and jumped rope while it was going around. He kept pretending to fall, but it was pretty wild. They had mom screaming several times and grabbing my arm. I am happy to report that we all survived. Hope you all have a wonderful week!
3 comments:
PS Benjamin ate his peanut butter and honey sandwich all gone before the show like a good boy.
Wow, that sounds like a lot of fun! I love the pictures. At first I thought that you just downloaded them from the circus website because they look so good!
I thougth we had a Chinaman sitting next to us, but I guess that was just you with your camera. I'm glad you took pictures, because we sure didn't. Good times!
Post a Comment