Sunday, August 17, 2008

SOSDD

This has been a pretty regular week, busy but regular. Monday we had Bro. Ward over for supper as his wife was out of town. Tuesday we went home teaching to an elderly (in their 80's) couple. She is a non-member but always very kind to us. They are both originally Cajun folks and they have quite some stories to tell. Wednesday we had the Elders for supper and that was nice. They both seem to be hard working good missionaries. We have a new mission president in our mission and it is always interesting to see the changes that come along with that. Thursday our home teacher came. Friday we just chilled. We have been spending too much time in front of the TV watching the olympics, but I do enjoy them very much. I think we have all over-dosed on Michael Phelps, but despite is inability to string two sentances together that don't include "I really don't know what to say", his performance in the pool is pretty amazing. Then the sprinter, Bolt from Jamica who actually pulled up the last 15 meters and still set an Olympic Record in the 100M - that was amazing too.
We have had a lot more rain this week. It has trashed our pool and Saturday evening I spent an hour and scrubbed the sides and added chemicals to get it cleared up. I also spent some time in the shed working on the frame for the cork board. I think that it will be cool so I'm excited to get it done. Making it out of rough ceder, usually I spend my time working to make wood smooth, so it is sort of funny figuring ways to keep it rough while I work it and not let any smooth sides show. I have some old saw blades from Grandpa Glade and I picked out the worst looking one and put it in my table saw to rip the boards to width and it put a "perfectly rough" edge on them. There is an argument for never throwing any "junk" stuff away, you never know when you need a tool that doesn't perform perfectly. I ordered a new drill press table that should facilitate the ability to drill 2 holes in the same spot, which sounds easy enough to do, but from frustrating experience is actually pretty hard. I think the quill on Grandpa's old drill press doesn't have the tight tolerance needed for really precise work. Maybe I will have to someday look at a new one, and then I can keep the old one in case I need to drill an oblong hole.
On some of your blog lists, I see that you have them set somehow to tell when the last posting was. If someone could tell me how to do that I would really appreciate it. Also we want to get rid of our old ATT dial up service to save some money on our bill (should have done it months ago), and with that we may loose our "sbcglobal.net" addresses. So to be prepared we are going to switch our mail addresses to Road Runner in advance and I'm not sure of all the consequences of that yet like with this blog if I can change my account name without loosing my old postings, so we will have to see how all that goes. I hate banging on a keyboard all the live long day and then coming home at night and doing it for some more.
Hope you all have a wonderful week. Hugs and pats -- Dad

2 comments:

Michael said...

I'm still waiting for some one to reply on how to do the history thing too.

Michael said...

What does SOSDD stand for?