Saturday, October 26, 2013

Time to winterize the bike

It was 28 degrees when I left home yesterday to take the bike out to a shop in Belle Plaine about 45 miles away (past where Matthew and Diana lived).  It was a very cold ride out there, my hands were freezing despite having my best gloves.  After they changed the oil, adjusted the shaft, flushed the brakes and checked the coolant, the ride back was pretty nice.  It had warmed up to about 45.  So the bike is tucked away in the shed for the winter (except maybe a Thanksgiving Day ride).

On another note -- mom and I went and saw Gravity 3D yesterday.  It was the first 3D movie I'd seen and I thought it was cool.  The plot was pretty shallow and unbelievable, but with Sandra Bullock -- who cares.  Mom says "don't waste your money", and I'd probably really have to agree.  I want to see Captain Phillips, but Gravity was so bad I don't know if I trust my movie judgment.

Have fun -- stay warm

No comments: