Sunday, October 20, 2013

New Mail Box

Two winters ago the snow plow hit our mail box and broke it off.  With over 2' of snow on the ground I cobbled a repair together as best as I could which has gotten us by for 2 summers.  I decided this summer I would finally do a more permanent fix.  So just a day before the first snow flies, I finally got around to doing it.  In G. Melvin Glade style, this is a cedar 6x6 dug 2-1/2' in the ground.  It was really hard to tell with the post out of the ground how it would look, but if you look I used my sign maker to put the house number on the post.  That part really didn't come out like I wanted, so I will cover it up and put the number above the cross arms.  I think that will look better.  Also I have a copper post cap coming sometime that will dress up the post.  Below the mail box is a space for our news paper delivery.  No wimpy 4x4 mail box for me.  Tim the Tool Man would be proud!

2 comments:

Michael said...

That will break the plow next time any snow plow driver tries to mess with your box!

Bear said...

Nice dad! You look great by the way!