Sunday, February 10, 2013

Catching up a bit




Well I haven't written for a long time.  We started the day by having freezing rain which has now turned into quite a snow.  Church was cancelled, so I have some time to catch up on things I have been putting off.  We visited Texas at Thanksgiving as Brandon's family went to Disneyland so no one was home in Utah.  I didn't do too well taking pictures in TX, but here as the Queen of Boonville Hill and the Steep Hollow Harley Girls. 

 After the New Year we made a trip to California to visit Brent, Sarah, Gwendolynn, and Christine.  Here is Christine sticking her tounge out at me reclining on her Boppy.  While we were there at least, she seemed to be a good baby and it was fun to watch Gwendolynn hover around her.

I always thought starfish were tan, but when we walked along the pier we saw all colors of them -- purple, pink, tan, green.  Here is a pretty red one.  Sorry I couldn't get a closer picture, it was a long ways down over the pier wall.


I had heard Gwendolynn talk about the sea lions so I was excited to see them.  We walked and walked and walked and I was about to think they were pulling my leg about the sea lions but there they were!  There is this one jetty where they all hang out on the rocks getting warm.  I was about to think the sea lion's life was for me -- no stress, lots of nap time, but then one on an upper rock peeed all over one on a lower rock and that didn't look too fun so I reconsidered.
I thought these trees were pretty different.  This one has a good shape, but is actually one of the smaller ones.  I guess they are the California version of a live oak as they spread out really far.  Brent says they are cyprus trees.  They have several differen types of Pine trees too, which are different from any I have ever seen before.

Here is Christine in here blessing dress.  Mom and Sarah did a marathon sewing session to make it in one Saturday afternoon/evening.  We had a very nice trip to California.  There is some beautiful country side there.  As I look at the pictures of these warm places and then look our our window today, I'm a bit jealous.

Hope all is well!
 
 

No comments: