Thursday, January 19, 2012

Winter is Here

After unusually warm weather we are finally getting some cold. This morning it was -11 with a wind blowing that took the wind chill to -35. Still not much snow, but they are predicting a bit over the next few days. I've used the snow blower only once this year so far, and that was really just to see if it would start.

In the midst of the cold Mom gets on a plane tomorrow to head for Texas for a few days, and Michael and Heather head south to work on their winter tan lines. Just hope their ship stays in an upright position for the voyage and they don't go for a close-up view of a big rock. Just wave hi from a distance, and we will use the telephoto lense to take a picture.

Above is my finished woodburning. It was quite fun to do. I need lots more practice, so I will burn the other side of the same board and then sand or plane it all off and do other pictures. I figure I can probably burn 50 or so scenes on the same board doing it that way.

I hope you are all staying warm and enjoying life.
Love, Dad

No comments: