Mom and I have had a wonderful holiday season. I was able to take a few days off from work and it was very enjoyable. We appreciate so much all of the wonderful gifts we have received from you and the grandchildren. We are so greatful for your thoughtfulness.I was speaking to Michael on the phone and he said I had never posted a picture of the finished rocking chair and it it is true, so above is the rocker all finished up. I enjoy it a lot -- Mom says it doesn't get used much -- for sure it isn't a comfortable as the recliner, maybe I should sit in it to read my scriptures so I don't fall asleep as easily.
I continue to enjoy doing things in the shop. I have always wanted to build a rocking horse, but find the required wood to be pretty expensive. Anyway I came across this toddler rocking horse pattern and built it up out of baltic berch plywood. I thought it came out kind of cute, but it definetly has its size limit. Mom got me a sign maker for Christmas, so now I can make wooden signs. For some reason, they are really fun to do. More on that later.
Mom's big present to me was a solid state wood burner. I have wanted one for a long time, but always put off getting one. So with wood burner in hand and inspired by Brandon's artistic ability I started off on my 1st attempt. If you can't tell what it is, it is supposed to be a fall scene of a barn with some trees around it. I will post a picture when I finish it if it isn't too embarassing.I hope that each of you have had an enjoyable holiday season, spending time with your family, thinking of old times, and making new memories.
Love, Dad
No comments:
Post a Comment