Monday, July 12, 2010

The Royality Takes Shape

Well I need to apply the finish to the Bishops and do the Rooks and I can play a one sided chess match. The knights were pretty hard to get that horse shape done while they were spinning around in the lathe, but perseverance paid off. All the pawns are done too, I just didn't have room on the table for all of them

Up close to the King and Queen and Knight. I think the knight should have an eye. but I'd probably not get it in the right place, or make them different on each side, so the knight will have to remain blind.
Just a couple of weeks to go and we will all be together for family fun and frolic. It is pretty green up here -- lots of trees and flowers and all the corn is just going into tassel, so it might be wise if you suffer with the problem to bring your allergy medicines along. We will have Alavert around, but that is about all we use. Also bring your swim suits, sunscreen, and maybe a hat. I think mom has mentioned all this, but it won't hurt to say it twice. I'm in charge of the cooking, so if there is something you can't go the week with or without make sure you let me know. Teryaki burgers are on the list. I hope the expectations haven't been set too high -- mostly we are doing regular stuff that should be some fun for everyone. We are excited to have everyone here regardless of the activities and promise we will probably say the words "What do you want to do now" at least on one occasion.
Take care and see you soon


2 comments:

Michael said...

poor man's spagetti
honemoon slushie drink
mac n cheese (home made)
toast
are all things that should be on your menu.

Bear said...

Those are cool Dad! Oh do we plan on going to church that Sunday we are all there?