We have been having a wonderful Spring here in MN. The weather has been absolutely beautiful. We open all the windows rather than run an AC unit all the time. Only twice have we had the AC on. The farms around all have their crops up a ways now, and they are even making a 1st cutting on the grass hay. I've had some beautiful motorcycle rides -- starting to figure the territory out a bit. Brigham Young didn't get up here, but all the back country county roads all run pretty much in a grid, so you can't get really lost, lost, although I've been confused once or twice. There are little towns here and there (like Matthew & Diana live in). Thursday Mom and I drove to a little town called Miesville that has a population of 135 (and growing), but they have a Triple A baseball team called the Mud Hens and a hamburger place that has 53 kinds of hamburgers all named after baseball stuff. How about their latest called the Short Stop with pepper jack cheese, grape jelly, and onions. There is the Mud Hen burger with mushrooms, onions, swiss, and sauerkraut. You can find a "normal" burger too. We had one with mushrooms, swiss, and onions that was darn good. Anyway the town gives credence to Alabama's song 'Cheap Seats' as that seems to be the town pass time. We looked to see if they have a game during the reunion, but they don't so we will probably stick to the St. Paul Saints game or Jordan's 3A team which ever is cheaper.
I have the shop up and running after a fashion and it has been good to make a little saw dust. In fact yesterday I made a faux raised panel door out of MDF for Matthew & Diana's guest bedroom down stairs to cover the breaker box. I used a special router bit made for MDF and it made clouds dust. Mom moved the vacuum hose with the router and we still both looked like chocholate kids when we were done.
I have felt bad that Michael's deal fell through on the K5 Blazer, so I've been keeping my eyes open. Finally I think I've found just the one -- a bit of a fixer-uper, but it is a Cherry One Owner with only 25000 miles on it (all end over end). Any we may want to change our thinking on a one way trailer when you come up and bring a low-boy with a wide load sign wired on it.


With all the concern over an obese America, Pillsbury is thinking of changing their image from the Dough boy to the Chocloate boy shown below. The new image shows you can enjoy your chocolate and still be of a proper shape and size. I've recently tried eating Pillsbury chocholate stuff and my shape hasn't seem to change too much, so I think they should be wary of false advertising.
Hope y'all have a great week! We are getting excited to see everyone at the end of July!
No comments:
Post a Comment