Tuesday, May 12, 2009

All work and no play makes Bruce a . . . . . .

Just thought I'd drop a note and say hello. It has been busy for me w/o too much free time. Two Saturdays ago I did a session on Budgeting at our Annual Stake Preparedness fair. It was okay to do, but I spent all my free time that week trying to prepare for it. I will spare y'all the details, but as your father I would highly recommend that husbands and wives (and you Benjamin) sit down together and go to www.providentliving.org >family finances>online financial course: Peace in your hearts. It won't take too long to go through all the sessions and I think it is really good. After all these years, Mom and I have started to make some changes as suggested there and during last conference session. You are never to old to learn (or change).

This last Saturday the HP Group had a service project for a man that lives out in Sour Lake. We built a ramp on his trailer house so he can get his motorized chair into the trailer. It was quite a project -- headed up by a new member, professional carpenter in the ward. I think it was a good experience for everyone despite all my grumbling about having to go do it and not having any free time etc etc. It was a warm morning with high humidity like you get sometimes (most times) in SET and by noon30 I was ready to find some AC. So off I came for home only to find that Mom had gone and bought a bunch of flowers for the front bed that needed to be planted. So after lunch we spent another two hours in the sun doing the yard. We had fun doing it together and when we were done the yard looks very beautiful. I think it is the best since we have lived here. I will let Mom post the picture but we got some pretty "Knock-Out" roses and some big healthy marigolds and some petunias.

Mom and I continue to work on our diet . . . I mean change of lifestyle. Mom holds the current record for most pounds lost in one week. We exercise and exercise which also gobbles up a lot of free time. I'm still mostly riding the Allez on the trainer and mom mostly walks on her treadmill, but likes to do other stuff too. We need to hook all this stuff up to a generator somehow and get some free electricity out of the deal. I am 3/10th's of the way to my goal weight which may not sound like much, but I have lost the equivalent of carrying around a pretty healthy set of quadruplets. I don't look too much different to myself, but I have a chin back, my shirts and pants button up easier and I had to buy a new belt (smaller this time) and have already tightened it up one notch from where I started. I go to the Dr this week for a six week check on blood pressure and blood sugar. I still haven't figured blood sugar out. It is definitely down, but the days I think I consume zero sugars it will be up. The days I don't pay too much attention it will be down. Some folks say it is tied up in carbs and hydration, but I haven't found the sweet spot yet(no pun intended).

Hope you all have a wonderful week!

No comments: