Sunday, January 11, 2009


Well after a wonderful holiday season, I have somehow managed to make it through a first full week of work. We have had a wonderful holiday season and while I didn't have too much time off, it was still nice to have a break from the regular routine. We have loved spending time with those of you that were able to visit and grateful that the phone makes it possible to stay in touch with everyone. Thanks to each of you for the wonderful gifts which we received.


Back this spring when I was trying to make the wedding pen for Sarah and Brent, I found a bunch of really cool new acrylic pen blanks which I couldn't resist, so I ordered a bunch of them. Once I got the wedding pen made however, I put the lathe away. So during the holidays, I pulled the lathe out and cranked out a few pens. It was fun to get back to it, and while I consider myself a wood purist, these were really fun to watch them develop and come to a finish. In addition to that I made mom an insert for her sewing machine cabinet so that she can sew with the bed flat with the rest of the cabinet. Other than that I have been contemplating the next project and have yet decide on one for sure.
Our weather is cold then hot with temperatures ranging from the 80's to the 30's. It has been pretty wild. We continue to have rain when the fronts come by but so far, no more snow.
I guess that is the short story for me. Hope y'all have a good week!
PS HOW 'BOUT THEM UTES!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If you are looking for a project, I have a quilt hanging screen that you could start on!

Unknown said...

Your pens are very nice, btw.