Sunday, November 9, 2008

FOR SALE?

I have really loved riding my motorcycle this summer and the cold weather is even funner (no bugs). I've gone on some early Saturday morning rides out in the country a ways and that is a blast too. But all that being said I have to ask myself about the true practicality of a motorcycle. A couple of weeks ago a bike was T-boned by a car on the very road that I ride to work on. The speed limit at the spot is only 40 MPH and the rider had a helmet. Still he suffered severe head injuries and it was no fault of his own. The impact was bad enough that it knocked him out of his boots. I always tell critics of motorcycles that you can fall down in the shower and get hurt, but I guess at my age I'm thinking about it a bit more.

Tell me what you think. By the way if I sell it, by law, it cannot be sold to an immediate member of the family


2 comments:

Brandon said...

That's what happens everytime I get the itch to get a two-wheeler- we end taking care of some guy that gets killed riding his bike- and usually no fault of his own. Though call

Michael said...

Easy call - since you made that last stupid rule; I guess you've got to keep it.

I'm born with a "it can never happen to me" attitude

I also see a whole lot more bikes on the road than I hear of bike wrecks. It reminds me of bear attacks; when they happen they are ugly. Luckily they are also rare, so we continue to go camping.

Look at stats of motorcycle wrecks in your area to see if they are indeed rare (my opinion is they are...but my opinion sometimes stinks according to Heather)