Sunday, July 13, 2008

2nd Post

Okay, I think I got the basic deal down so here goes number 2. With the 4th of July weekend, I have had three weeks in a row of 4 day work weeks. It has been pretty nice actually. This week will be 5 days long, and I don't know if I will be able to make it or not. I have really enjoyed the 9/80 schedule, even though as accountants we wind up having to work about 1/2 of our scheduled Fridays off.

We have the bedrooms torn up pretty badly right now. Mom is moving her sewing room to the green room, with the orange room becoming the grandchildren room. The blue room will remain visitor's suite. We got a shelf reliance unit that we have assembled that is going in the orange room. Anyway stuff is all over the place, but I'm sure we will get it straightened out.

I haven't done much in the shop -- sort of looking for a valid project. I have wanted to build a wooden rocking chair for quite a while, and I have a pattern or two so maybe that will be next. doing the rockers and the joinery will be new a new trick. The joints are mortise and tenons, and the rockers are made by bending laminating strips over a wooden mold. Yesterday I took inventory of pen kits and blanks, and I have enough stuff to make pens for a month or two, but for some reason I can't get going on any. Friday I was driving to get a video to rent and a cleaners had a sign out that said there were only 24 weeks left till Christmas. That sort of jolted me a bit with regard to cranking up the toy shop, but I'm also at a bit of a loss there. I just haven't seen any projects that strike me as winners for the grand kids. Maybe I should make them all pens this year and take care of both issues. If you parents have any reasonable suggestions for the kids, they would sure be welcome. I love doing projects for them, but I feel a little trapped into the bigger and better routine, lost in the one project fits all vs something unique for everyone etc etc, and as always the time crunch. Please let me know any thoughts you might have in this regard.

I take my bike in for it 800 mile check up tomorrow. I have been riding it to work fairly consistently. Another older guy in the ward just got a 750 Shadow and we went out one evening together. It sort of reminded me of that movie we watched a Christmas -- I think it was called Hog Wild or something. Anyway we have been joking today about a name for our biking club i.e. Moroni's Angels, Moriancumur's Marauders, The Cumorrah Cruisers, The Shadow Saints to name a few of the best ones. That gives you an idea of how bad the worst ones could be.

Well I hope you have a wonderful week
Love,
Dad

3 comments:

Diana Glade said...

Hmmm...Parker would love a bank just like Spencer's! And Spencer would be happy with anything!

Unknown said...

There's a biker group in Utah called the Temple Riders. They specialize in visiting various temples on their bikes.

I could use another pen - the one you made me several years ago has long since bit the dust.

Diana Glade said...

If you feel up for it, Spencer is OBSESSED with puzzles...