Sunday, August 11, 2013

Wonderful Vacation

 So I think for the first time in my working life we took 2 full weeks of vacation 17 days actually.  First stop was IF to spend a few days with Grandpa.  We had a nice visit there -- spent a day up to Hi Willow but we forgot to take the cameras so we didn't get any pictures of the farm.
 Mom and I went on a kayak and paddled from Colter Bay Marina over to Half Moon Bay.  It was pretty good exercise,  I got pretty wet because when I'd alternate sides all the drips from the upper blade landed right in my lap.  I asked if that was normal and they said yes, but I think they were just being kind to an old man on his first kayak ride. 
 As usual the mountains were beautiful -- one of my favorite shots from Colter Bay
 One day we all went on a hike around Jenney lake and up to Hidden Falls.  It was a beautiful day--cloudy to keep the temperatures down.  We took the boat ride back across Jenney Lake and just as we got on the boat it started raining.  So we drove down to Jackson, ate lunch inside and went and visited the Fish Hatchery.  All the years we've been up there that was a first, and it was pretty fun to see.
 One evening we had 2 little bucks grazing around the cabin.  They seemed to be unconcerned about people around -- probably because they knew they were pretty safe.
 Old Faithful really shoots straight up, I was just too lazy to rotate the photo.  It was fun to see, but we couldn't find the ice cream store.  Here we are just after eating our last pancake breakfast at the Colter Bay picnic ground. 
 Here we are just coming into the park on our first morning after leaving IF.  A couple from SLC were there, so we traded photo ops with them.
 This is the Grand from the Glacial View turnout.
 After spending the day in Yellowstone we were dithering around for a place eat dinner so we saw a sign at Leeks Marina that said Pizzeria.  Who would expect much from a pizza place in the middle of Grand Teton National Park, but we stopped and had the absolute best pizza I've had in a long time.  It was soooo good.  This is the Marina which is north of Colter Bay

Just a few more pictures of us on our last morning together.  It was such a wonderful time.  I'd turn around and do it again tomorrow if I had the chance.  Thank you to Brandon and Nicole for coming to spend the time with us.  We had a great vacation being with you and your family.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Ohhhhh, can we go back? Who knew a vacation with no cell or Internet service could be so wonderful. Now I know. Thank you for a fantastic time.